Job Position: News Director
Reports to: Operations Manager
Work Location: Fargo, ND
Flag Family Media is looking for a News Director to join our multi-station team in Fargo, ND (WDAY, WZFG, KTGO)! We’re seeking an experienced, visionary journalist and inspirational leader who will supervise and support a local newsroom of 2 to 3 reporters and producers serving the Fargo-Moorhead metropolitan area and the states of North Dakota and Minnesota.
The News Director for Flag Family Media will supervise all local journalism content for broadcast, digital, social media, streaming and on-demand platforms. You’ll set the tone and pace of our newsroom and guide daily, breaking and enterprise reporting and special projects from our state-of-the-art facilities in Fargo while nurturing a healthy newsroom culture that is self-motivated, where staff are empowered to do their best work and grow professionally.
- Lead all aspects of the cluster’s news experience -- collecting, writing, and producing news content delivered on-air and through our digital, social media and video channels.
- Visible in the community to create relationships with community leaders and news makers.
- Supervise a team of reporters and anchors to cover stories and anchor newscasts.
- Lead collaborative journalism efforts between Flag Family Media and external news partners.
- Support the growth and development of reporters, editors and producers of all levels of experience.
- Edit both audio and web stories for clear, factual, concise and fair reporting that adheres to the highest journalistic standards.
- Work closely with Sales and Programming Department to create non-traditional revenue opportunities.
- High-level written and verbal communication skills including the ability to communicate around multiple creative projects in a time-sensitive manner.
- Strong attention to detail and solid organizational and project management skills.
- Working knowledge of Adobe Audition, radio automation systems, CMS, SEO, and social media.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university. Three to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Send aircheck, resume and cover letter to email@example.com