Reports to: News Director
Status: Full-time (40 Hours)
Work Location: Fargo, ND
Flag Family Media is looking for a Multimedia Journalist/News Reporter to join our multi-station team in Fargo, ND (WDAY, WZFG, KTGO)! You will help our regional newsroom develop news and information content for radio newscasts as well as written and video stories for our websites and social media platforms. You’ll help to identify how to deliver journalism to a younger audience in different ways, using audio, as well other formats under the direction of the News Director.
- Produce and anchor newscasts
- Report on breaking news events
- Research, write and publish news stories to various websites and social media platforms.
- Edit both audio and web stories for clear, factual, concise and fair reporting that adheres to the highest journalistic standards.
- Visible in the community to create relationships with community leaders and news makers.
- High-level written and verbal communication skills including the ability to communicate around multiple creative projects in a time-sensitive manner.
- Strong attention to detail and solid organizational and project management skills.
- Ability to follow directions and work under tight deadlines
- Self-motivated, resourceful, curious, creative and detail oriented
- Familiarity with audio and video editing, social media and publishing news stories to the web.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university in journalism or related field. Recent college graduates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Send aircheck, resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org